Eirebloc composite blocks are manufactured from a specially selected blend of cleaned recycled wood and virgin wood residues bonded using a suitable Melamine Urea Formaldehyde resin system.
The process, from start to finish, is fully automated and computer controlled and as it is the most modern plant of its kind in Europe, we can achieve exceptional levels of production efficiency.
The stages of the process are as follows:
- Pre shredded recycled wood chip and virgin wood chip is loaded in to the plant.
- All contaminants are removed ie. ferrous metal, non ferrous metal, stones, grit and plastics.
- Wood Chip is hammer milled to a suitable size.
- Wood Chip is dried to required moisture level.
- Material is blended with resins.
- Material is extruded continuously from the presses.
- Blocks are sawn to required size and automatically stacked and wrapped.
- Density and height are measured in-line and blocks outside of the required specification are rejected.
All other tests are carried out in the laboratory on a daily basis.